Saturday 10 March 2012

Lovely Family Day Out!

Look at me!  Two posts in two days!  Must be the fact I have "followers"!

Anyhow, we had a great family day today.  This morning at 8:15 we set off for Lenggries to go skiing.  Well, when I say skiing, there was no skiing to be done by me or Alex, but Matt skiied with Katie who finally GOT IT!  She's been ok for a while but today something clicked and she got a surge of confidence and just zoomed!  It was a beautiful sunny day and warm too so the snow was just ok this morning for kinder skiing.  She did 3 times up the long T-bar with Matt and several times on the smaller carpet lift and drag lift.  I just wandered about with Alex on my back on tottering about avoiding skiiers.  It was such a nice morning and I was so pleased not have a whiney girl who says "I can't do it" when clearly she can.

It really isn't flat . . .

pizza! 

dude!

yeah!!!

mastering the lift







We had such a lovely morning and we were home by 1:30pm.  It felt much later. But after some cBeebies and playing outside Katie wanted to go for a ride on her bike. Well she has been able to ride a pedal bike since November but hasn't been very confident on her purple bike until more recently when her feet have been able to touch the ground a bit more.  It's also quite tricky as we have hills everywhere to get to flat, but yesterday she did quite well coming back from kindergarten on a roundabout route and today she wheeled her bike down the hill and then disappeared along the flat bit while I walked with Alex pushing the dolls buggy.  When I eventually caught up with her she was so keen and so fast I was glad Matt came and met us on a bike so he could go with her.  Like her skiing she did really well and even started using the brakes more.  She must have been exhausted tonight!



zoom
    







and I can make silly faces too








So a lovely day was had by all. Forecast is rubbish for tomorrow and Matt is skiing with Magda. 

2 comments:

  1. Your children provide you with excellent photo opportunities. The "Dude" is looking waaay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loves the sunglasses! Shame it was all photos with just my phone! Must take the big camera more.

    ReplyDelete