Friday 9 March 2012

Bits and Bobs

Not much to report really.   I would have more photos but I dropped my camera in the duckpond and it's still sitting in rice hoping to work some miracles. I thought I had it round my wrist but while rescuing Alex from the edge it just slipped in.  Maybe I should have let Alex get wet instead. . . .

So, the weather has been so so. Some days nice and warm others cold and wet.   I went skiing last Sunday and it was definitely spring skiing. It got really soft.  But we had fun. Magda and I this was.  The sun came out which was a nice surprise not forecast, and it stayed foggy and dull at home so was worth the soft snow. 

Magda and I skiing




Katerina is coming along well with her German and she comes up with all sorts of mixed garble. Today she was singing nursery rhymes in German - so something like "Baa Baa Schwarz Scharf . . ."   She's quite funny.   She is learning to control her pedal bike.  On Tuesday we went to see some friends on the other side of the town where we live. It is much more bike friendly than where we are as it is all dead flat and smooth tarmac so she was happy zooming along with Jemma and Tim.  It's a bit harder here where she really needs to be able to brake in order to ride safely.  We had a practise today and she's quite tough as she falls off a lot when she panics but hops right back on.  Still not good on the brakes though except when on the flat. Not so useful. Of course I have no photos as my camera is recovering and actually it is quite hard as I am always running behind her!  But she's pretty good on the flat!

A candle holder I made!

blowing bubbles


And then there's the gorgeous Alex.  He really is a charmer and he knows it!  For the first time this week he ran into playgroup and gave Louise a big cuddle. Louise was Katie's favourite playgroup person too!   But last week they made buns and he had such a tantrum because when he had eaten his he wanted more!  Both days.  He has such a sweet tooth I have to hide cake from him as he would live on it.  Tinker.  He often wake up dead early in the morning and is hungry  Breakfast at 5:30am is not encouraged but he scoffs down two bowls of muesli and is then happy. 
Here is a bun I made
and another

Matt is fine too. Not much to say really.

And the cats . . . who knew cats were such a pain in the arse?   We didn't know how lucky we were with our lovely Kopek.  These two have some ways to go to get to his high standard but they are making progress.  Tapas is pretty much a normal cat.  She is really quite cute and cuddled up next to me now. She has a very loud purr and is becoming confident with other people too.  Jess is making progress at a snails pace, but I can stroke her a bit now and she comes up to see us more.  I think she will be quite ok in time.  They aren't best of friends since being spayed so they have to be shut up at night in separate places which is a pain as I hate cat litter trays but I think they will be ok in time.  Jess just thinks she owns the downstairs room so Tapas has to sleep in the front lobby at night.  They like going outside now too and Tapas is a great climber - far better than Kopek was. 


Jess watching from the stairs
Tapas exploring the garden


So that's all really. Off for a small family ski tomorrow at Lenggries. 

5 comments:

  1. Alex sounds just like Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because he is such a charmer? BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic of Katerina with the candle is precious-- love the look on her face and sly smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The candle thing was a big hit. So easy too. Alex loves his and then they each have one to blow out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because he never appears to be full up, BB!

    ReplyDelete