Wednesday 21 August 2013

Small Catch Up

We (I) have been so unbelievably busy I realised that I need to add some more of our summer adventures on here - and we haven't even been on holiday yet!

So, in a nutshell, these are a few of the things we have done:

Day trip to Garmisch, and up the Eckbauerbahn, walk down through the Partnachklamm finished off with a sommerrodelbahn - good day out.

Alex on the funky lift

Happy Hikers

Excited running through the Partnachklamm

And finishing the rodelbahn

Alex learns to ride a pedal bike.  A great thing as now we can go faster.  We were just about to take the pedals off the bike we were handed down to make it a laufrad, and I suggested Alex just gave it a try with the pedals.  He was fab!




First go on his pedal bike


Lots of swimming in our local outdoor pool and with Celina, Wendy and Nico.


At Michaelibad with Wendy



At Further bad - our local pool



Alex having fun


 A Weekend trip to Switzerland where my cousin Rebecca has a chalet.  It was a long drive on a Friday night and ended up driving through big storms and torrential rain but the whole weekend was beautiful weather and we had such a lovely time that I felt like we had been away for ages.  It was lovely to see Rebecca and the boys too and was so easy staying with them. 



View to wake up to after arriving in the middle of a wet night







On the lift to the top at Tyon

Running through the meadow







With Rebecca and 2 of her boys



Happy wanderers


Marching up the hill


Running to get the cache


Highest cache

On the way down


bedtime


drink time!




Photo time!  What a view

Morning

Breakfast outside




Oli was the kids favourite!

Snack stop


Racing wood


Freddie, Oli and Aurthur


Katie balancing


Then I had my Scarborough reunion trip.  Talk about excited!  I was so looking forward to a plane trip on my own without kids where I could doze off, but I was just too excited!  I met Sam on the platform at York station and ran in a crazed way up to her. It's been 19 years!  Then Jo, Carrie and Rachel jumped on the same train and we were crazed yapping loons all the way to Scarborough.  Needless to say we had a great weekend and I was so glad I made the effort and went.  



19 years on.

And 19 years since I drank this. It was ok though

Banalmarama!  The reason for the Ramshill on a Friday night

Do do ron ron ron!

Strolling on Sunday with Sam

We never did this at college!

Or this!

But Flames lied up to the memory.  Best pizza ever!

Nom nom

And now I will stop as I need to go to bed and this has taken ages.  Still tons to go!  This was just July and now it's nearly the end of August!


No comments:

Post a Comment