Thursday 30 May 2013

Shredding!

That's fat shredding not paper shredding!

So, I was feeling rather lardy over Easter and thought I'd better get back into doing a bit more exercise and eating a little less chocolate.  I was sat one Sunday evening mutitasking - watching Countryfile and facebooking when one of the girls from my mummy group posted this:



That was the motivation I needed. I immediately found it on youtube and did Day 1 of Level 1.  It's so cool.  I was immediately hooked as it is so do-able.  Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. 

There are 3 levels and I have just finished Day 30 Level 3.  But I am so buzzed about it that I have to share it.

I am not one for going to the gym.  Well I might be, but I have never been to the gym and it doesn't really appeal.  I like to exercise by going from A-B on a bike or walking faster than a small child.  I would ratehr spend a day mountianbiking or hiking than sweating at the gym.  I like yoga too, and I swim 40 lengths once a week.  I am a rubbish runner but had the idea I might do the Munich Sadt lauf (10km) at rhe end of June,  if I ran lots. I am not a natural runner and find it depressingly hard.

Ok, so I have lost the plot a little.  So that Sunday night, I thought, no time like the present and started htere and then. It's 20 mins!  That's nothing. Anyone can do 20 mins a day surely!  What kept me going was that I commented on the thread that the lovely Saarah James had started and there were quite a few of us who checked in each da ywhen we had completed.  Sarah was very motivating and encouraging too.  Bear in mind I have never met these people in real life but have "known" them for over 5 years, and we were all supporting each other.

I started shredding andwas so into it that I started telling my real life friends about it.  My enthusiasm (I'm good at this!) has got loads more of them started.  And we check in with each other online too (but we do see each other too!)  I've got 14 more people doing this!  14!!!!! 

And I'd like to say I am well and truely shredded.  Well kind of.  No weight has been lost but then I haven't been on a diet but I have better abs,  thighs and shoulders.  If you squint at the pictures I think there is a differnce. I feel better anyway, AND I CAN NOW RUN!!!!!!  It really hels with endurance too.  The other week (the last time I ran) I ran and I mean ran (well jogged , which is better than walking!) for 55 minutes!!! Matt thought I had got lost, which in fact I had but I always get lost in the woods.

I am now going to practise runnning and maybe I'll be able to run 10km soo.  But I have also ordered Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD which is similar but harder.  I think I may be a little addicted but Matt also says I should carry on, so obviously I need a lot more work on my thighs and bum :-)

And Jillian Micahels doesn't even annoy me that much, despite being American . . .

 I even bought real weights to use instead of Sigg bottles filled with water.  And Matt says I need to get my mone's worth and keep using them.


So today I have finished my 30 days. I would like to say thank you to Sarah James for getting me onto this. 

Family Powell Shredding!

Can you see a difference?


1 comment:

  1. Definitely an improvement in the definition of your abs!

    ReplyDelete