Thursday 7 June 2012

Day Out up the Blombergbahn

Today is a holiday and I was looking forward to a long weekend of camping. I found a really nice place to just south of Füssen. But, although it has been a hot sunny day today the weather has been all over the place and although not always following the forecast, there has been a consistent forecast of a  deluge tomorrow.  So camping in the heavy rain was not so enticing.  But I feel a little cheated as now Matt won't take tomorrow off work as there is no point but I have a a wet day to entertain. Never mind, today was nice.

We went up the Blombergbahn which is near Lenggries so not too far away. Katie wanted to go up a mountain in a lift and then to do a Sommer Rödelbahn.  The lift was fun and I went with Alex sat on my knee. He thought it was all great fun and kept say it was exciting.  It's quite a long slow lift but it was all part of the fun.

climbing on a rock
We went for a walk at the top and had lunch at the hut before coming down in the lift again. I had Katie this time so I could take a photo of Alex with Matt. He kept waving at all the people coming up the lift. He's a hoot. 


happy hiking

Making sure the cows have water. Alex was scared of them and thought they would eat him!

walking off trail!

looking down into the valley

up the muddy track

playing

Up the hill to the lift

On the lift coming down

looking down

Hello!

playing while we wait for the Röddellers which I missed with the camera
It was nice strolling at the top but  walking with children is not really the way to get fit.  Just tired from ambling too slowly!  I am feeling the need to do a big hike or mountain bike ride.  They are very good though and it's all good training.

When we got to the bottom Matt took Katie halfway up the lift again to do the toboggan run. they were ages as it suddenly got very busy. It was ever so hot at the bottom but Alex and I had fun just pottering. 

They both fell asleep in the car on the way home and so a successful day was had by all!

2 comments:

  1. Dont think we're not reading your lovely posts because we're not commenting. Usually I can't comment as at work or the technology is too advanced for my blackberry.

    Anyway, your alpine jaunt looks like a lot of fun and a great way to wear everyone out. Always a winner!

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you read! Just wanted more comments! Thanks xx

      Delete